Ghana is recording a surge in the infection rate of COVID-19 on daily bases, confirmed cases are rising from the initial minimal ones reported.
Businessman HRH Oscar Yao Doe has written an open letter to President Nana Akufo-Addo. He prescribed urgent measures that the President can take to help the citizens including public servants financially. This according to HRH Doe will help reduce anxiety and panic among the citizens. Read his post below.
Open Letter to The President of Ghana:
I HRH Oscar Yao Doe, I Encourage The President of the Republic of Ghana H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo, As a matter of Urgency to initiate the following Actions:
1. Suspend all electricity bills payments to all households Across Ghana for 90 Days. I believe ECG Has an accurate database to credit pre-paid meter users as well.
2. Suspend Water bills payments for all households Across Ghana for 90 Days, Government Should Sponsor Water Tankers Accros Ghana to distribute Water to the most Vulnerable community’s Daily or 3 times weekly.
3. Half All Utility bills ( Water & Electricity) to all Businesses Accros Ghana for 90 Days.
4. Issue 1000 Ghs cash, or direct transfer payment to all Public sector workers Across Ghana. Guarantee Full Salary payment to all Public Sector Workers for 90 Days.
5. Inject direct financial support to All Districts & Municipal Assemblies depending on Their Sizes Across Ghana.
6. Provide Direct Extra Cash Allowance to All Frontline Workers Battling the Coronavirus (Convid-19). The government should take care of Medical bills Including feeding of Any Ghanaian who get the Virus.
The Above Actions Could Reduce The Anxiety, Panic and Excessive Stress Ghanaians Are Going Through Currently.
Watch our Youtube videos below: