A gas cylinder has exploded at the Four Point By Sheraton Hotel, Oniru in Victoria Island, Lagos on Wednesday, December 4.
The incident is reported to have caused varying injuries to at least three people.
According to the newspaper, the explosion occurred at about 12:35 pm while some artisans were doing welding job inside the hotel premises.
One of the cylinder hoses brought by the welders was reported to have leakage and this triggered the explosion.
Several vehicles in the premises, room windows and other items were shattered, the Nation reports.
Dr. Femi Oke-Osayintolu,, director general Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said recovery operation was ongoing.
Watch our video below