Africa Digital Awards (ADA) organized by ThirdEye Media will on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, recognize and honor industry personnel’s who have impacted immensely in the Digital space here in Ghana and Africa at large.
According to organizers, the scheme which is to celebrate, recognize and honor digital players, organizations, developers, innovators among others who have helped and use digital to impact Africa would be honoring 5 prominent Ghanaians as part of the Ghana edition of the Awards.
The Individuals’ who are to be honored at the Awards on includes;
1. Professor Nii Narku Quaynor who is a scientist and an engineer played an important role in the introduction and development of the Internet throughout Africa. Known as the Father of the Internet in Ghana. Prof. Quaynor would be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions in putting Ghana on the internet.
2. Moses Kofi Baiden Jnr. of Margins ID Systems would be honored with the Digital CEO of the Year for great contributions in the building of Ghana’s ID systems which is to register all Ghanaians and foreign nationals while utilizing other digital technologies to impact the youth through job creation.
3. Estelle Akofio Sowah who is the Country Manager for CSquared Ghana and Liberia is also to be honored with the Digital Woman Award for her contributions made through the days of BusyInternet and Google Ghana in encouraging and serving as a role model to other women to go into the Digital space. Estelle’s role at the Csquared Ghana in helping Ghanaian businesses and individuals with a faster internet also contributes to her achievement in receiving this Honourary Award.
4. WondaKid to be honored as the esports player of the Year. WondaKid who is a sensational gamer by all standards is the best Ghanaian esports player in FIFA 2019. He is the sole individual who has been representing Ghana in international matches and tournaments both offline and online.
The awards 7will be held at the SB Incubator, Silver Star Towers on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, would see a gathering of Ghana’s best digital nomads being celebrated. The event is strictly by invitation and for invitation kindly visit africadigitalawards.com to be officially invited for the program.
The event, organized by ThirdEye Media started with a competitive networking esports competition, launched an initiative to empower a million women across Africa ( GET HER IN DIGITAL), gathered Ghana’s best of Digital and business minds at the first-ever Africa Digital Summit and now ready to celebrate and reward players in the Ghanaian Digital Space.
The categories for the awards include;
1. Best News Portal
2. Best Use of Social Media
3. Online Editor of the Year
4. Entertainment Site of the Year
5. Digital Artiste of the Year
6. Best Digital Bank
7. Fintech Innovation of the Year
8. Most Outstanding Digital Financial Services
9. Best Banking App for Ghana
10. Best Telecom in Customer Service
11. Telecom of the Year
12. Best Digital Education Platform
13. Ecommerce Platform of the Year
14. Social Media Personality
15. Most Innovative AgriTech App
16. Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism
17. Best Innovation for Health
18. Best e-governance platform
The event will be hosted Beverly Yaa Danquah, a Graduate from the ST. John University with communication arts in Journalism, legal and international studies.
Beverly is a freelance event producer at the Appollo Theatre and an alumna of New York Times Student journalism institute. Having worked with CNN, ABC News, MSNBC and Face2Face Africa among others.
The Ghana edition of the Pan-African Digital Awards will stream live from the SB incubator at the Silver Star Towers on Wednesday November 27 at 6pm on YouTube and Facebook pages of the Awards.
10 voting categories and 5 honorary categories are up for grabs as Nominees are ready to claim the prestigious awards that makes them trendsetters and the best in Ghana’s Digital Space as well as compete competitively as an African Brand.