Ghanaian football star, Thomas Partey has finally joined English Premiership side Arsenal for £45M from Atletico Madrid after his release clause was triggered on deadline day.
He has been on the radar of many top clubs in Europe with many classifying him as one of the best defensive midfielders in recent times, but his release clause was holding most clubs back. Arsenal appeared to be the favourite club to sign the Ghanaian international and in the dying moment of the transfer window, he was signed.
His £45M fee has made him the most expensive Ghanaian footballer in the history of the English Premier League, after Michael Essien, and others. See the chart below:
1. Thomas Partey £50m (Atletico Madrid to Arsenal)
2. Michael Essien £24.4m (Lyon to Chelsea)
3. Baba Rahman £21.7m (Augsburg to Chelsea)
4. Andre Ayew £20.5m (Swansea to West Ham)
5. Asamoah Gyan £13m (Rennes to Sunderland)
Watch YouTube videos below: